1 Dec 2010

I'm thankful for my birthday

What I’m thankful for
Exactly seventeen years ago Anne-Marie was born. Since today she has been ungrateful and didn’t treasure anything. She has spent years and years of complaining. Sometimes you get a blow and utterly change your life. Anna-Marie’s hint came when she went to the hospital to see the children suffering from leukemia the day before her birthday. These children have low possibility of reaching adolescence. Nevertheless they’re relatively happy and enjoy every moment of their lives. And suddenly Anna-Marie realized how wonderful it is to be here. Even though she has tons of homework to do, her friends are boring and parents don’t care about her. There are many things that I could be thankful for but there‘s one day every year that is somehow different. It‘s a very special day when I feel more important than during the rest of the year. It’s a day when I get hundred of messages on facebook. It’s a day when I get message even form my family that thinks that I‘m a junkie. It’s a day when I realize that I’ve passed another year full of fun moments, meeting new people and important experiences for my further studies. A thing that I’m really thankful for is my birthday. Not just because of the presents and big party in the pub, but mainly because it means that I’ve survived another year. Maybe when I’ll get older every year on my birthday I won’t  be that excited about living another year but now I’m happy that I’ve all these things that I can be grateful for. For Coca-Cola that earns Santa money so I get more presents, for orange-chocolate milkshake that makes me think of Christmas, for brunettes that remind blondes of being quiet, for our chemistry teacher that taught me that you can live just to make babies, for my friends that call teachers using their first name, for American accent that always makes me laugh, for the water machine in the hall that works as an excuse to leave the lesson,  for using the word pale instead of good, for Jirka Babica that has a cooking TV show even though he can’t cook, for being a woman and thus being more intelligent, for pale mandarins in the cafeteria, for being Czech because it’s a challenge to study abroad, for the Christmas sweaters with reindeers, for my hippies friends and the children from Motol hospital that made me realize that there are many things I should be thankful for and finally I’m thankful for my mummy, daddy, our warm house and mainly the opportunity to study at this school.
5 BRAINWASH: I'm thankful for my birthday What I’m thankful for Exactly seventeen years ago Anne-Marie was born. Since today she has been ungrateful and didn’t treasure anything. Sh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

< >